Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Week Two - Day One

Okay, so much for daily updates on the trials and tribulations of Nutrition Bootcamp. Of course, life got in the way and I spent last week like a gorilla at the zoo with her baby permanently attached to her. Even Thursday, when my daughter accompanied me to work because she still couldn't go back to daycare, she was stuck to me like white on rice.

Speaking of rice, and the white hell that is sugar, it was a good week until Saturday. I managed to skip the sugars and minus a few monster headaches and a little more exhaustion that usual, I didn't die. But then the weekend rolled in and so did the bad behaviors that plague me. We went to Touch-a-Truck at the Glen and even though I ate before I left, when Ryan handed me a Del's Lemonade and a box of popcorn for Ben, Syd and me, I didn't even think before I started eating. A slight recovery at lunchtime was forgotten as soon as I saw the banana bread from my mother in law. And one thing led to another and the next thing I knew I was baking blueberry muffins. And just because I made them with kidney beans didn't wipe out the cup of sugar.

So, I fell off the wagon, so to speak. And now I have to haul my ass back into it and just move ahead. Every time I choose something without sugar, I am making progress so I have decided to go easy on myself. No, not easy enough to avoid success altogether, but easy enough to accept setbacks with grace and realize that I still have time to get in shape for the summer. And the fall. And the winter. And the rest of my life...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home