Tuesday, July 01, 2008

All Atwitter!

Oh, the kids made me do it. Really. And Peter Shankman. Actually, it started with Lisa Cadan but, I digress.

I was perfectly content with LinkedIn. My goal was to add as many people as possible to my little world. I loved it. And I loved linking people (no pun intended) with one another and looking for business opportunities.

Then Lisa told me to join Facebook. And I did. And it was good.

Then I was contacted by an old high school friend who saw my profile. And Anna said I simply had to get over to PassaicHighIndians on Ning. And I did. And it was awesome. People I hadn’t thought of in years were there. Hip hop and rap music was playing in the background. It was like I never left home.

Then I joined HARO (Help A Reporter Out) on LinkedIn. And Peter said to check out Twitter. And I did. And it was very, very confusing. But still, good.

I browsed the pages of my friends and family members on Facebook – saw the things that they had and followed their leads. This led to Bumper Stickers, Causes, and more. Much, much more.

I have become a junkie. I don’t think I can quit. I might have to call in sick so I can stare at the screen and get all giddy when someone responds to my Friend requests.

Is there a 5 step group for this? I thought I would only need to find a place to go detox from my big old sugar habit. Who knew that I would need to have my laptop and cell phone confiscated too. It’s utterly painful to be away. I even Twittered on my cell phone tonight. It was easy. It was fun. And it was soooo good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home