Thursday, October 12, 2006

A Heartfelt Thank You!

I want to take a moment to thank each and every person who so generously donated to the Shape Up RI Downtown River Walkathon. I am happy that we have raised so much money (more than $8k) for such an important cause - Childhood Obesity. I know that Shape Up RI will succeed in launching their program this upcoming winter. You have played a role in responding to a national epidemic and you can take stock in that fact. Many people are apathetic these days, overwhelmed by the information around them and more often than not, simply not engaging in problem solving. You are not "those" people!

To update you all, I have taken on a new role these days. Launching a consulting company of my own with some amazing people that I respect and admire, mothering the wee ones, and balancing life and work exhaust nearly every waking minute. But, when it's doing something that you love, it never feels like work.

One of my favorite projects is working with a health education and wellness company. Starting with myself, and the extra baby pounds I have yet to lose, it is such an educational and humbling experience. I learn new things every day that convince me that we are not an ignorant society, but we are a bit brainwashed. There is an enormous amount of misinformation about food, nutrition, diet and exercise on the "streets". It is easy to see where people lose motivation and become frustrated.

As tackling obesity is still my focus, I have become a cheerleader for the wellness programs in our community. I'm certain that I am driving close friends and family crazy with my daily discoveries and factoids. For this, I apologize. [I make no promises to let up, but I apologize.]

I just heard through the grapevine that two friends are headed on a cross country journey. I imagine that these guys will be eating out most meals. I can only suggest that they read something like "Chew On This" before they go because given what's out there, they might want to pack a cooler. (Sorry, I just can't help myself!)

Anyway, this is one very long winded thank you. I am grateful to you for your support, both financially and emotionally. I appreciate your attention to my lengthy messages and I look forward to driving you crazy in the years to come. :)

Kirsten DiChiappari
healthyshapes.blogspot.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home